Koru´s mission is to reach out to people who are in vulnerable situations, giving them valuable holistic tools, support and guidance in order to help them help themselves.
We believe that self-empowerment is key to obtaining a fulfilling and positive future and aim to offer the appropriate skills to accompany people in this quest.
Koru offers a variety of programs and activities to promote a healthy balanced lifestyle as well as encouraging the development of resilience in individuals and communities.
Our programs have three essential pillars:
A holistic approach, the popular education methodology and an intercultural dialogue system which is in all our activities and programs.
The activities and practices can be easily learned and used with individuals and groups of all ages and conditions.
Koru offers people a variety of resources, tools and techniques through our holistic 7 sessions program which helps people reconnect with themselves and their community.
During the workshop people learn how to:
- Discover, know, empower and reconnect with themselves
- Recognise and manage their emotions, feelings, conflicts and challenges in a healthy way in their daily life
- Improve many symptoms linked to anxiety, depression as well as other challenging issues like lethargy, insomnia, isolation, lack of belonging, anger, social exclusion, prejudices, etc.
- Build bridges of knowledge, communication, affirmation, trust, cooperation and conflict resolution in their community on a teach-learn basis by a methodology which encourages active participation, empowerment, democracy, leadership and interaction among all members, staff and participants
- Discover and develop resilience with the regular practice of our techniques that are very easy to learn and practice
- Learn as a cyclical experience of knowledge-reflection-action
“Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding”
– Albert Einstein